Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Halloween and Chemistry

Halloween and Chemistry go hand in hand.  My favorite holiday combined with my favorite subject...what's not to love.  I used to do a Halloween show when I taught Chemistry.  I would have petri dishes with different elements and light them on fire to glow different colors for their different atomic spectrum.  And of course there is the obligatory dry ice cauldron that looks like witch's brew.  Throw a little sodium into water to make an explosion, run a little electricity to separate water in to hydrogen and oxygen and then...BOOM!

I miss teaching Chemistry.  But someone sent this little photo to me and it makes me smile.  So I thought I would share it with you and you could appreciate how smart people can be so creative too!

Nothing says fall like pumpkins.  And nothing screams "nerd" like this!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment