Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Good evening all

It is morning here in Penang. I woke up to the sounds of neighbors chanting their morning prayers to Buddha. It was quite a soothing sound to wake up to. Even though I am tired, I can't sleep as there is so much left I want to see before we leave. We are heading back to Ipoh in time for dinner tonight. This will be our last night in Ipoh. Tomorrow morning we are taking the train to Kuala Lumpur in the morning (just me and tim, my dad is staying another week). We arrive in KL at 10:30 in the morning and are going to be picked up by Ronnie and will tour KL with him. (He is How King's baby brother. The only boy out of 8 children and he is number 7.)

Then at 11:00 on Friday night we leave KL on an overnight train to Singapore, arriving at 6:30 in the morning. We waited too long to get our train reservations and all the sleeper cars are sold out. Tim and I are thinking about flashing a $50 US bill around the sleeper train and asking if there is anybody who wants to give up their berth.

Then we spend all day Saturday exploring Singapore and I fly out very early Sunday morning. (which for you all is Saturday evening.)

I love this country. I really do. I would love to live here near this amazing side of our family. They are so warm and close and raucous and loud and sweet and full of life. But I would miss the changing of the seasons too much.

Good evening everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment