Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Grilled Romaine Bruschetta

The other night I made a concoction that my good friends made for me last year.  The bruschetta part needs to be made ahead of time.  Chop 4-5 ripe tomatoes and put them in a shallow dish.  Add 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar to 1/4 cup olive oil and shake it up.  Pour over the tomatoes.  Mince 2-3 head of garlic and throw it in with the tomatoes.  Chop about 1/4 cup basil and 1/3 cup red onion and mix in.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Let this marinate for 3 to 4 hours.
When the grill is hot cut a head of romaine lettuce in half.  Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Grill on each side for about a minute.  The lettuce will wilt and brown on the edges.

Pour the bruschetta over the lettuce and serve.  I toasted up some wheat bread and cubed it for croutons.

It was delicious and super easy.  I had more of the topping so I had this salad for several nights in a row.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete