Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Baby Jack

A friend at work is having a baby.  He is going to be named Jack.  Now, while I was limited at first by the fact that you can't spell his name using the periodic table of elements, I came up with a creative gift nonetheless.

I found this cooler first, which has a dog on it just like Lindsey's dog.  So I had to have the cooler and it was in the correct colors of her decor.  (As if she will store the cooler in the nursery, whatever!)
Then I started thinking of a beach day (or in Oklahoma, a lake day, aboard our sailboat) theme for the entire gift.

So baby Jack got beach towels, a sun hat and a cold pop to go inside his cooler.


But I could not stop there, so I added a bag tag


And burp cloths



I bought this chevron fabric here.  The color in my photos are not as vibrant as they are in real life.

Then I cut strips to fit the center of diapers and sewed the fabric to the diaper. Then I machine embroidered them.



2 comments: