Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Why I Like Control

Last year for a brief period of time (apparently at least a day) I decided to just "let things happen".  It was school picture day last year and it was the only free dress day that the girls have all year.  The night before picture day these words came out of my mouth, "You girls can pick what you want to wear."  They looked at me in shock then ran to their rooms lest their real mother come back and inhabit her body.

When I picked them up from school they informed me that they were allowed to take sibling pictures.  I said, "You mean you had your picture taken TOGETHER?"  It was the first year I had two children in school together.  I had never heard of this.  I was not prepared.  And I had given up control to a four year old and a nine year old.

While I did not order the sibling photo from the school photographer, I did violate copyright by snapping this photo just before I turned in the proofs as a reminder to myself what happens when I give up control.


This year, I decided not to leave things to chance.  My coffee, I will leave up to chance.  This is serious business.  This year's attire...



For all those people who just think things just have a way of working out, there is usually a very busy mom working things out in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment