Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gallery Wall

Lately I have been on a home improvement tear.  I have been tackling projects that have been on my to do list for years but I just couldn't make the time to do it.  One of those projects was to create a gallery wall in my house.  I have been seeing gallery walls appear on Pinterest and blogs all over the place lately.  We all know I have no shortage of pictures but I need to take the time (and money) to frame them and hang them.  I also wanted to frame Lucy's and Emma Jane's art.  I had a stack of art pieces I wanted to have professionally framed until I found out how much it would cost.  Then I decided to buy stock frames and cut the mats to fit.  This proved to be much less expensive and also allowed me to get the entire wall done in about 4 evenings.

If you are considering doing this yourself, I highly recommend you buy this.


This little tool made all the difference in the world.  I can not live with out it.  I bought mine at Michael's with a 40% off coupon.  Soooooo worth every penny, even if I had paid full price.  Keep in mind that you can't use it when you get as close to the ceiling as my pictures are.  You have to eyeball it when you get that close to the top.

I love how my gallery wall turned out.  I just sit and stare at it while I sip coffee in the morning.  I also look at it while drinking a beer in the evening.  It is a multi-beverage viewing wall...



Come on over and have a beverage with me and enjoy my gallery wall.  Emma Jane said she feels like a real artist now.

1 comment: