Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Sisters, Swimming, Sailing and Sun

We have had a lot of down time this weekend waiting on the 30 mile an hour wind gusts to settle, and the rain to quit, and the clouds to pass.   But no matter what life hands these two little girls, they have each other...


And they have Boom Boom the calf.


And they have the chickens.


And they have Mancala.


And making dresses out of Kleenex tissues that their dad desperately needed for his nose...



They made their own fun.  They played for hours and hours on Grandpa's boat.  They played with barbies and made forts and used their imaginations.  We had family time this weekend.  It reminded me of when I was a kid and we spent so much time in national parks as a kid.


We even got to go swimming.  The water was pretty cold.


The girls and I swam over to an island and went exploring.  I don't have any photos, of course, but we found footprints from animals and we found a vertebrae and some seashells.  Then we swam back to the boat and went sailing.  Mike was feeling quite a bit better and the weather started to turn in our favor. 

Emma Jane took the helm and skippered the 30 foot boat like a pro.  It took some time for her to get used to a wheel instead of a tiller but she got the hang of it in no time. 


Look at that smile!


 What a capable young lady she is.


Meanwhile, this little beauty is entertaining herself in the v-berth.

 



I am signing off for now.  As I sit in the rocking cockpit of Davis' boat, which I believe we have just decided to name "Miss Magic", we are ready to start another day of family fun.  And if the day proves to be not conducive to sailing, I am sure that my flexible girls will find something to do.

Happy Memorial Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment