Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Holiday Themed Frame


I got a great idea for a holiday themed frame project here.


Now most of the time when I see something on a blog I think to myself "I could make that," but I rarely do.  This time I did!

I bought an open frame from Hobby Lobby.  I found the clips in the scrapbooking section of Hobby Lobby and the wire in the jewelry section.  I found the screw eyes in the frame section at Michael's.

This is the first one I made.  It is too small, I think.


The second one I made was for my friend Jenny.  Her favorite holiday is Valentine's Day and her birthday was Monday. 


Here is what the back looks like.


Mike drilled tiny holes but I also think you could start the hole with a nail and then put the screw eye in once the starter hole was made.

The wire is jewelry wire that was strung tightly across.



I made Jenny enough paper hearts to fill all 30 clips.  I also made her cardstock that says Happy Valentine's Day.

I can just see it at Christmas time filled with paper ornaments.  Or at Easter with flowers and bunnies!
Or with your Instagram photos!




I cut my paper hearts out using Amy Butler paper from Michael's and my Sizzix die cutter.


2 comments:

  1. and your friend jenny thinks that it is the greatest gift .. ever !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the Amy Butler papers.

    ReplyDelete