Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I have this friend Eddie

I have a friend who I went to kindergarten through 10th grade with named Eddie.  I probably haven't seen him in 20 years ago but last year he issued a challenge on Facebook.  Not a frequenter of The Facebook it took me a few days to see the challenge.
He started a limerick rant that went on for days.  I will try to find a few excerpts from that last exchange.  But here is what I posted...


A challenge from a dear old friend
Write a limerick about me and send
To Facebook I’ll post
And hope for the most
Comments right after the end

She’s obsessed with the periodic table
From memory, the chart she can label
With glee she’ll recite
Which elements ignite
And which ones are really unstable

She is also smitten with fonts
The choices, so many, it haunts
From gothic to glyphs
Through thousands she sifts
For just the right one that she wants

But her favorite thing is to sail
In the sun with a bottle of ale
For summer she wishes
While she does the dishes
In winter which moves like a snail

For now I think I should cease
For my brain is starting to crease
From left brain to right
The transition is tight
With time running out on my lease


And today it started again.  So I will post later about the exchange we are having currently.  What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment