Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Sunsets, Rainbows and Eagles

This morning on the way to school Lucy asked why people get old and die.  I have no idea why this popped into her head or why she asked this question.  But she asked it.  I tried to explain that people's bodies get old and it's just time to go but that they have had a good life.  She then said "When you are gone, you will always live on in my heart Mommy."

I tried to maintain control of the car while blinking back the tears.  She proceeded to say, "And every time I see a sunset, a rainbow, or a bald eagle I will think of you."  (I have been known to stop and admire the sunset, rainbows and run off the road at a bald eagle sighting.)

Emma joined in with, "Or when I see periodic tables of elements, palindromes, or fonts, or eat perfect chili or pot roast."


We almost didn't make it to school this morning.






1 comment:

  1. oh my !! what a way to start a day .. those girls of yours nailed it right on the head .. and I to will think of you every time i see periodic tables of elements, palindromes, or fonts, or eat perfect chili or pot roast or cake balls or starbucks or staples or anything related to paper .. the list could go on and on .. you are loved my friend !!!

    ReplyDelete