Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Lucy

Inspired by my friend Jordan's post, I am going to write things I don't want to forget about Lucy.

She says "flowlers" instead of flowers.  She told us over Christmas break she wanted to stay home from school to hang out with her family.  She calls them "Chrissy Lights".  She does not want to go to sleep at night.  Her favorite show is still Calliou.  She carries around her "brown blankie" and sucks her thumb while twisting a piece of blanket and putting it in her nose.  When we say, Lucy, please don't put brown blankie up your nose, she says "but I like to..."  She calls the iPad an iPoo.  She calls my computer a Pooter.  She argues about anything.  When she wakes up in the morning she stomps down the steps into our room and announces "Mommy, sun's up!"  Even when it is most certainly not up!

She calls the new van a "minivan" and corrects me every time I say go get in the van.  "No, the minivan!"  She is finally starting to use the word please.  We having been working on that for a long time.  When she is being agreeable she says "I being nice to my family".  She told me this morning that I looked "bootiful".  She says "Mama, Charlie just kissed me!"

She loves to play in the bathtub.  She can stay in there for 2 hours.  She "likes to poop at home".  (I love that quote!)  She wants to help with cooking and baking, but quickly loses interest.  She likes to be kissed while on the potty.  Nearly every time she sits down on the potty she looks up at me with a big pucker on her lips.  Mama, I love you...

She is oblivious of time.  She can take 12 minutes to wash her hands.  (To hell with the environment!)
She calls Barbecue "barbie-poo".  She came into my room the other night at 3:00 a.m.  She said she needed to cuddle for a few minutes.  After about 4 minutes she climbed wordlessly out of bed and went back to her room and went to bed.  She did, just need to cuddle for a few minutes.  She loves her sister.  She idolized her sister.  She wants to be her sister. 

She loves to play dress up. (we just moved a dress up rack into her room)  She has to have a cereal bar every morning before school.   She also has to have a snack from daycare to make it home (we live 5 blocks from daycare).  The girl likes to eat.  She likes guacamole, avocado, hot sauce, pizza, green beans, pasta, chicken pops (pei wei's honey seared chicken), apple juice, sweet potato fries, carrots, hummus, and lots of other stuff.  About 3 months ago I asked her if she wanted milk with breakfast.  She said "no, mama, milk gives me toots!"  (and it does, but we drink it anyway)

That is all I can think of for now...

1 comment: