Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Last night we went trick or treating for Halloween.  I DID NOT make the costumes this year.  I DID NOT dress up this year.  I DID NOT over achieve this year.  I was a normal human mommy who drives a minivan.

Lucy was a fairy princess and Emma Jane was a vampire princess.  They had a great time and the weather was perfect!



Earlier that day I went to St Francis to run mock codes on the simulated baby.  The physician and nurse who were running the scenarios decided to run all the things they typically see on Halloween night.  So we had a "simulation" that was a kid choking on a piece of candy, a child being run over by a vehicle on halloween night, a child with a sucker impaled in the back of her throat, a baby who aspirated a peanut, a burn from a flammable costume too near a pumpkin.  Now keep in mind there were all fake scenarios that we ran, but they were all real things that the hospital has seen on Halloween night.

Let's just say that by the time I left the hospital on the evening of the 31st of October, I no longer wanted to take my children out into the death trap that is Trick or Treating on Halloween  night!

Want to see Sim Baby?


By the way, nothing bad happened to my kids on Halloween night, save for them getting too cool when the temperature dropped into the mid-sixties...burrrrrrrr!

2 comments:

  1. oh what a fun night .. the girls look super .. and glad to hear that sim baby survived !! thank goodness .. now she can choke on a turkey bone at thanksgiving !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, merely by getting a minivan you have already let go of the overachieving tendencies that plagued you before. Welcome to the world of the good enough moms!

    ReplyDelete